Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Snow, hiccups, and a frozen turkey… to start with.

Quote of the day: “I don’t know of any church that couldn’t use some color.” ~ The cowboy hat wearing photocopier salesman. (It isn’t exactly a great quote, but it amused me.)

Song of the day: “Crazy” by Alana Davis

State of mind: a bit rocky from the illness ravaging my body currently. But the hallucinations are fun.

Date: 11/23/05

The bad: it’s snowed. It was raining, but now the temperature has dropped … oh hell. You all know how the weather works.
Also, I have a sore throat and a fever. My eyes hurt and I really want to be at home curled up on the couch watching bad game shows, and because I am not I am in a really bad mood. I’ve been able to keep it in check so far, but people that I work with have a way of hitting that last nerve.
And I have the hiccups.

The good: I have a frozen turkey riding shotgun in my Hyundai for the upcoming feast filled holiday. Woo hoo. I love Thanksgiving, even if we don’t really do anything special for it, unless you consider sitting around all day waiting to be fed just so you can stuff yourself silly something special… which I do.

The great: Finally, this year I have come up with a good gift for my dad for Christmas. I’m not going to tell you what it is. I don’t even want the vibe from the present out there because if even a thought of it escapes then I just know that one week before the big day he will get a sudden impulse to buy whatever it is for himself. He manages to do it every year.
Who in the hell goes shopping for themselves the week before Christmas???

The indefinable: I was listening to the radio this morning and one of the DJs described what he thought would be a fun gag gift: A Rosa Parks Jack-in-the-box. Why? Because after you cranked the handle, she wouldn’t pop up.
Is it wrong that I think that is funny?

So far today I have been asked 4 times already if I’m going to be cooking for Thanksgiving. First, let me say this: hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. No.
Second: the only things I know how to make are things that come with instructions on the box.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone…in the US. To the rest of ya- have a nice Thursday... unless you are on the other side of the International Date Line. Then you have a nice Friday… or whatever.

Angel quote of the day:
Gunn: You want to give us your evil law firm? We ain't lawyers!
Fred: Or evil.

5 comments:

trinamick said...

I'm feelin' a little humor about the ole jack-in-the-box too.

Is it politically incorrect that when my nephew tries to steal the front seat of the car, I say, "Back of the bus, Rosa!"?

LL said...

Yes, it is... funny, but PI...

Have a good day P, hope you get full up on all the goodies...

LucyDDCF said...

i was really hoping for the story about the turkey through the window on thatcher street. :D

I don't know who Rosa is, so I found the joke lame.

your blinkies are working just fine.

I am like your dad, actually I think I stole the damn idea of shopping for myself for christmas from him.

Enjoy your snow it is 80 here today.

LucyDDCF said...

Oh and I wonder, is a "*Cypber hug*" is the same as a Cyber hug?

mr. schprock said...

"Is it politically incorrect that when my nephew tries to steal the front seat of the car, I say, 'Back of the bus, Rosa!'?"

Politcally incorrect and very, very funny.

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Nypinta.