Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Rain, rain, go away…

Quote of the day: “I'm cheerfully brain-dead today.” ~Neil Gaiman.

Song of the day: “Stricken” by Disturbed (and I will have more to say about it tomorrow)

State of mind: still sleepy

Date: 10/12/05

Because we have been getting biblical proportion rain up her in the North East for the past week and a half the pre autumn fade that started has been forestalled and for a few weeks more the trees have kept their leaves. Some have begun to turn already, adding a nice dimension to the normally dense block of green that surrounds the dealership. Soon the leaves will fall making puddles of color until all the branches are bare.
I mention this only because everyday on my way to and from work I pass a house that has one tree in its front yard that is already bare. Has been all summer. In fact, I think it is safe to say it is dead. And every day as I pass this dead tree there is one very large and menacing black bird perched on the very top branch. It’s very Hitchcockesque and gives me the creeps. Could he be a lookout for some evil entity just waiting to wreak havoc on this tiny town? Is it a spy for Sauron? Are the hobbits on their way here with the One Ring? Or is it the harbinger of revenge? Someone’s girlfriend got murdered and her true love is on his way to dispense some ass kicking justice from beyond the grave? I don’t know. I don’t really care. I just want that bird to go away. He’s up to something. I just know it.

In other news the office manager has decided to quit smoking, cold turkey. As long as her wrath isn’t focused in my direction, this is going to be a very entertaining few weeks. *evil grin here*

Angel quote of the day:
Gunn: So, I look Russian to you?
Cordelia: Black Russian.
Angel: That's a drink.

11 comments:

Stellar said...

If a tree is dead is it a dead tree, or is it wood?

Wrap your melon around that.

trinamick said...

It's dead wood. And you don't want to wrap anything around that.

John said...

This comment brought to you by Levitra. Levitra, for working stiffs.

NYPinTA said...

Nice. Real nice.

LucyDDCF said...

I got a pic of a dead wood tree.. honest... lol, its even in Black and White, maybe I'll scan it once upon a day somewhere in the near future!

LL said...

"Levitra, for working stiffs."

Shouldn't that be for non working stiffs? Erm... I mean, working non stiffs... erm... ah forget it...

Henry said...

You reformed smokers are the nastiest bunch.

LucyDDCF said...

damn i read that wrong, i thought it said neil diamond ... who'd have thunk? Oh and my word verification is just so wrong, it shows sowfex.... are they replacing fedex?

Beth said...

The rain is really getting me down. The forecast has promised a reprieve on Sunday, but I don't believe it. I feel like I'm living in Seattle.

John said...

It's okay that you haven't posted anything new yet, because it hasn't stopped raining yet. But it'll look pretty silly on Sunday when it's supposed to be sunny.

"Shouldn't that be for non working stiffs? Erm... I mean, working non stiffs... erm... ah forget it..."

It's more like an explaination of what it does. You know, like "For dry, itchy eyes, use Clear Eyes. Bueller... Bueller...Anyone?"

NYPinTA said...

But I put a new button on, and it's animated! That took a lot of... button pushing and stuff!