Monday, October 10, 2005

Got change

Quote of the day: “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar.” ~Wash, Serenity

Song of the day: D.O.A. by the Foo Fighters

State of mind: slightly annoyed and tired because it is so gloomy

Date: 10/10/05

Yesterday was pretty surreal. I was driving back from the mall after seeing Serenity again (because it is that good) when the Emergency Broadcast System broke in on the radio during one of the two songs I don’t mind by Jethro Tull. It gave the three annoying tones, but instead of the announcer saying ‘this is a test…” it said, “They took the cross town bus.” It looped like that a few more times, and it was on all the channels too. Once the station finally went back to the music, no explination was given for what had just happened.
Then a few miles down the thruway I saw the flashing lights of an ambulance in my rearview mirror. Since I hadn’t passed any accidents I figured it was on it’s way to the hospital, so when a few moments later it passed me and got off at the next exit I wasn’t surprised. I got off at the same exit a few moments after only to find that when I came around the turn towards the toll booths the ambulance was still there. It was in line at one of the tollbooths despite the fact that two Easy Pass lanes were open. I always thought that emergency vehicles could go wherever they needed to without being impeded, so I was more then a little shocked to watch as it pulled up to the booth and pay the toll!! No kidding. #1) I can’t believe they have to pay and #2) even if they have to pay, why in the hell aren’t they equipped with and Easy Pass?? Can you imagine riding in the back, bloody, in pain, and finding out that the amount of time it took to get you to the hospital was lengthened by the driver who didn’t have change? Insane.

Angel quote of the day:
Gunn: Something’s starting to look a lot not right about this.
Fred: That’s what I’ve been saying, only with better grammar.

16 comments:

Spirit Of Owl said...

Weird! :o

Are you absolutely certain that you actually woke up and went out today? I mean, you know, if you slept in or something... Well, alright, if you did go out, are you sure you weren't abducted and given a memory graft to erase your alien encounter experience...?

I mean, ????

Oh yeah, good angel quote. :D LOL

LL said...

'Bout time you updated your blog... I thought it had been taken over by g_s or something...

LL said...

'Bout time you updated your blog... I thought it had been taken over by g_s or something...

Henry said...

Better yet--imagine if you were in the back holding your guts in and they asked you for a quarter..
"Hey we're a little shy here-you have any change?"

I had this surreal dream that you updated your blog and that Il commented the same thing twice on it--it was weird as heck...

cali said...

The strange emergency broadcast and the fact that you like two Jethro Tull songs is indeed pretty surreal. (Actually, if truth be told i like two of their songs as well - same ones?).
But the ambulance waiting in line to pay a toll is totally insane. Do the cop cars and firetrucks have to do the same?

NYPinTA said...

Ha! Cops don't pay for anything! :P

LucyDDCF said...

Ha they do in Georgia, full price for everything, anything less would be buying a cop off. hell, if there is an emergency and a cop is right there, they can't do anything unless you dial 911 and they are dispatched! Now that is insane.

oh and would you take that damn word verification off? there are a lot of times I'd comment if I didn't look down and see that dang thing.

LL said...

"I had this surreal dream that you updated your blog and that Il commented the same thing twice on it--it was weird as heck..."

grumblegrumblefrellingbloggergrumblegrumble

John said...

"Bout time you updated your blog... I thought it had been taken over by g_s or something..." (X2)

Hey, my posts lovingly given a honey barbeque glaze and then slow roasted to perfection. I can't just throw 'em up there every day all willy-nilly; they need time to soak in their own natural juices. You think I run some kind of McBlog over here?

And anyway you have to wait even longer for stellar to put up anything. That's because his are aged down in his wine cellar. His latest is from September. That was a very good month.

NYPinTA said...

You think I run some kind of McBlog over here?


I'm trying to decide if I should be insulted by that or not....

Hmmm.

Stellar said...

Yeah, g_s is right. You can't force these things.

NYPinTA said...

Whatever. Slacker. :P

Stellar said...

Okay, bald guy from Back to the Future.

NYPinTA said...

Crap. You had to go and update the same day I call you a slacker!

You're evil. Blogger evil.

Henry said...

McBlog.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Henry said...

Stellar--you mean "Stinger" from Top Gun?
"You'll be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong."
(or something like that)