Monday, October 24, 2005

Ghost stories ~ Part I

Quote of the day: “It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you're dead, you're made for life.” ~ Jimi Hendrix

Song of the day: “No Leaf Clover” by Metallica, the S&M Album

State of mind: discombobulated

Date: 10/24/05

In exactly one week it will be Halloween; one of my favorite holidays. In honor of that, I thought I would share a spooky experience.
When I was in High School I was friends with a girl whose father had died. (She shall be henceforth known as Friend A.) One day we decided to have a séance so she could talk to him and we invited a third friend (Friend B.) to join in the fun. For reasons I still do not fully understand we had the séance at my house after school, probably because no one else was at home. My sister had stayed after for some reason and both my parents were working. With the house to ourselves, we three geniuses went upstairs into my room; lit candles, and re-created every clichéd séance we had ever seen in any and all cheesy horror flicks. We sat, said the words, and waited. Nothing. Then we did it again. We let Friend B conduct the actual thing, mostly because she was the most Goth at the time, and none of us really had a clue as to what we were doing.
Just as I was about to say we should give it up a picture fell off the wall. I’ve lived in that house for over 15 years and nothing ever just fell off the walls. Naturally we screamed like little girls and ran out of the house as fast as we could. Standing in the bright sunshine we felt like idiots. And I had no shoes. So, we decided we had to venture back in the newly haunted house to get my shoes so we could high tail it out of there. To combat whatever evil now lurked in my bedroom Friend B (the one we deluded ourselves into thinking was an expert on such things) fashioned a cross out of some willow twigs. I did the same. (What did I know? Except that my feet were cold.) Once we got into the kitchen Friend A grabbed an onion from the fridge. I have no clue what she thought an onion was going to do, but hell, I was holding a couple of twigs!! We snuck back up the stairs, I grabbed my sneakers and we ran back out again as fast as the first time.
Later that evening when I finally came back home and had completely forgotten about the whole thing until my sister told me that she had gotten home and gone upstairs to the room we shared and felt fine until she opened the door and nearly threw up on the threshold. She couldn’t understand why she would get so sick so suddenly, but I had a sneaking suspicion…
In the years after, other friends would tell me of odd occurrences in that room. One friend, (Friend C), told me something was pulling the covers off her while she was sleeping and another friend, (Friend D), felt someone or something slap her yet no one was anywhere near her. At first she thought it was me being funny (cuz yeah, that’s hysterical) but I was dead asleep across the room.
Ghosts? Demons?
I don’t know. I don’t care. I don’t live there anymore.

Going Up?

Angel quote of the day:
Angel: The enemy of my enemy…
Lilah: Can kiss my ass too.

8 comments:

John said...

Aw, crap. Why did I read this at quarter to midnight?

Anyway, you're a pretty good storyteller for someone who can't come up with names better than "Friend B." I think I would have called her "LaShawnda Jackson." Friend D would be Candace Pinkerton, of the Syracuse Pinkertons.

LL said...

What about friends A and C?

Way to go P... Conjure up some demon spawn and then leave the house...

Perhaps there's hope for you yet... :ewink:

Henry said...

Its funny you say that nypinta--I remember getting slapped in your bedroom too. It was very weird--I don't know what happened, I think I had my eyes closed.

John said...

"What about friends A and C? "

Gilda Trenchmouth and Sue Sudio. Her mom was a Phil collins groupie.

The word verification for this comment is "mmummysm" Weird.

trinamick said...

Since I live close to the reservation, I don't play around with stuff like that. Too many creepy things happen here. It's like the voodoo of the South, only in tepees. Maybe I'll write a post about it someday.

Beth said...

I like spooky stories ... and not surprisingly, they go well with Jimi and Angel quotes. =)

Jim Donahue said...

I had a freaky experience with a ouija board when I was a kid. It started spelling out threats, and when asked its location, said it was inside me.

Gulp.

LucyDDCF said...

I can remember a lot of freaky stuff happening in the room. Like the time I was reaching for the light or something and stopped dead because my hand and arm got ice cold and I made you touch it to verify it.