Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Updates

Quote of the day: “Life isn't fair. It's just fairer than death, that's all.” ~William Goldman, "The Princess Bride"

Song of the day: Radio

State of mind: a bit melancholy because my MasterCard is getting worn thin at the vet’s office.

Date: 9/21/05 aka the last day of summer

Update number one: I am now up to 4 sets of drops for my cat Stanley: 2 twice a day, 1 once a day, and 1 as many times as I can get my hands on him. He also has to take some meds orally, but I got them to do them in liquid form because as you know from my Meme (does anyone know where that hell that comes from?) I can’t give him a pill. He has to have the collar put back on as well. Poor cat. Poor credit card.
I took him to the vet today on my lunch hour that turned into an hour and a half. He’s learned the art of digging his claws into an object to prevent me from moving him. He grabbed onto the windowsill at my house and then the radiator cover at the office. Like the Borg, he is adapting. However, like the Vulcans I am smarter and stronger then him. (I really need to stop watching Star Trek.)

Update number two: the Bjork swan dress still up for bid! So hurry up. Only a few days left to place the winning bid.

That’s all I got today.

Angel quote of the day:
Wesley: I didn’t sleep very well.
Angel: Yeah, and you look like hell. Not the fun one where they burn you with hot pokers for all eternity, but the hard core one. You know, Nixon and Britney Spears.

7 comments:

trinamick said...

That quote is my exact definition of hell. Glad I'm not the only one.

John said...

I believe in hell she prefers to be called Britney Spears Federline Nixon, thank you very much.

Beth said...

That's a lot of stuff to do to a cat. An animal, which was created just to test the limits of civility in owners. At least, my cats are like that.

Great quote, as always.

And the Bjork dress. Blech.

NYPinTA said...

Funny thing is, that dress looks better on the manaquin.

Jim Donahue said...

Oh, I always thought Bjork got a raw deal on reactions to that dress. I think it was meant to be weird and amusing and succeeded on both levels. Not that I'm bidding on it. It's not even my size.

Jim Donahue said...

Plus, I loved her performance on the Oscars that year, and I'm not really a Bjork fan.

NYPinTA said...

My only real complaint, besides it being a swan and all, was that it didn't fit. The "nude" part was bunching up and looked like granny stockings.
If you're going to go for weird, at least make sure it fits properly.