Monday, September 19, 2005

Mondays make me cranky.

Quote of the day: “Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep.” ~Fran Lebowitz

Song of the day: “Consider This” Anna Nalick

State of mind: easily annoyed and I don’t know why. Oh yeah, because I hate Mondays.

Date: 9/19/05

I have a cut on my gum, my knee hurts, one gland on my throat is swollen, (which used to be the international sign that you didn’t have to go to school that day, but isn’t necessarily true for work), and all my cloths need to be ironed. I hate Mondays.

I woke up this morning with my brain full. Disconnected thoughts were running through my head and I didn’t know where they were coming from but they put me in a foul mood.
I think I know why our brains look like they do; like a maze with squiggly channels and paths. Because that is how our thoughts really are, well, at least mine sometimes are. See this blog? All of the words are in order, one right after the other. Neat, organized. Even the sentences have a logical order, noun, verb, and adjective. My thoughts though? Not so much. They aren't linear like writing. They run round and on top of each other. Layers of thoughts, sometimes dozens at a time. Thought burst even: an entire concept contained in a micro second flash. It's very hard to get thoughts like that organized and in proper order. Take an ordinary piece of paper, but then crinkle it up into a ball. Now the words are all over the place with no particular order, but the thoughts are still in there just the same.
I think that is why, for me, singing (in my car) is such a stress reliever. When singing, you have to concentrate on the words so all those other pesky thoughts are drowned out by the noise. (I could say drowned out by my singing, but if you heard me, you would call it noise too.)
Maybe it was the full moon messing with my head. Or it’s just that I am not, and never will be, a morning person and my brain is in revolt. Showing me just who the heck is boss.


In other news: Face Off! I just hate it when real life imitates a bad Nicolas Cage movie.

Angel quote of the day:
Wesley: Try chatting with a cranky hamburger.

5 comments:

trinamick said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could convince co-workers to have that surgery? I'd like someone to trade faces with Brad Pitt.

NYPinTA said...

Now that you mention it...

LL said...

" I'd like someone to trade faces with Brad Pitt."

The 70 year old woman with incontinence? Wouldn't that be a sight... Brad Pitt with sagging boobs and an adult diaper. Somehow, I think it would kill the mood for ya...

And don't worry about the brain thing P, it just means that all the voices are talking at once...

NYPinTA said...

And don't worry about the brain thing P, it just means that all the voices are talking at once...

I suppose you know that from experience.

LL said...

erm... no? :innocent: