Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ink

Quote of the day: “New York now leads the world's great cities in the number of people around whom you shouldn't make a sudden move.” ~David Letterman

Song of the day: “Who Wants to Live Forever” by Queen

State of mind: slightly distracted by a mild headache.

Date: 9/28/05 ~Or~ 3 days until Serenity!!

In the past two days I have seen two monarch butterflies, which is only remarkable because I remember a time when it wasn’t such a big deal to see them fluttering around. They used to be everywhere, but not so much anymore. I am not sure of the exact reason why this is so, but I think copious amounts of fast moving windshields have something to do with it.
I only bring this up because as I watched the king of winged insects drift by it reminded me of the fact that I, so far, have no tattoos. None. My skin is artificial blemish free. (I do, however, have some organic ones. And even though I have earned every one of them, I will admit that scars are only sexy on secret agents.)
For a very long time I did want a tattoo. I had even done up a drawing of a Celtic knot with a monarch butterfly perched on top that I thought would have looked pretty cool permanently emblazened on my skin. I liked the idea of a symbol for eternity and a symbol for change being incorporated together in one image. I was even going to have it done on my birthday a few years ago, but as I was about to leave my house I heard on the radio that the very tattoo parlor I was going to get it done at had just gotten hit by lightening. Well, if that isn’t a sign from whatever powers may be, I don’t know what is.

Hottie of the week:
He is so very pretty.
Damn. I have no idea why this picture is so small. In case you don't have your magnifying glass with you, that is a picture of Johnny Depp and his tattoos. Curse you photobucket and your automatic resizing!!

Angel quote of the day:
Justine: The great Wesley Wyndam-Price. Shining beacon of all that’s good and pure. But, oh wait, no. That’s before he started banging the enemy and keeping a slave girl in his closet.

4 comments:

Ben O. said...

Hey - I LOVE the song "Who Want's to Live Forever". The Movie is great too.

I actually don't mind so much that Mr. Depp is tiny.

Ben O.

Beth said...

I'm scared of butterflies.

Johnny Depp is hot, but has wacky politics.

LOVED the Justine quote. One of my favorites!

One I loved on Buffy today:

Buffy: "What about homeschooling? It isn't just for scary religious people anymore."

trinamick said...

Big fan of the song. Bought it off iTunes awhile back. Lovin' the Johnny Depp as well.

There is one huge monarch that's been hanging around my mom's house for about a week. I hadn't seen one in a long time either. Sad, really.

cali said...

i guess we're pretty lucky here in SoCal when it comes to butterflies. i couldn't tell you what most of them are (though we get a couple of mourning cloaks hanging out each year). but whenever i think of monarchs i'm reminded of the character from the Venture Bros - too much late nite cartoons.