Thursday, September 08, 2005

Birthday

Quote of the day: "When I was born, I was so surprised I didn't talk for a year and a half." Gracie Allen

Song of the Day: Well, "Happy Birthday" I guess.
Did you know that that is the most sung song ever? You did? Oh. Nevermind.

State of mind: lazy

Date: 9/8/05

I'm a little stunned that it is September already.
The weather has been awesome! I took a week off from work and have been using my time wisely to get up very very late and read nonsense fluff fantasy books and watch DVDs. I plan on doing some shopping, or not, and lazing around at the park for a day, or not, and maybe do some writing. Or not.
I don't have much to say. I've been busy not doing anything which doesn't really make for interesting blogging. Sorry. I hadn't thought of that earlier or I would have planned a vacation that would have put me in the path of freaks or geeks or something more interesting then my cat and the TV.
Has everyone been keeping up with the US Open? Me either. Except for last nights match between Agassi and the guy who didn't win. That was one exciting match. 3-6, 3-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-6, 7-6. They played it for everything that it was worth. To anyone that hasn't a clue what those numbers mean, it's the equivalent to being tied in the bottome of the 9th with two outs, no one on base and a guy up at bat that has a 50/50 chance of hitting a home run. Nail biting. The only other day I paid any attention to the Open was when they mentioned on the news that one of the Williams sisters showed up to play wearing 40,000 dollar diamond earings. Dangles no less.
I guess I can't make fun since she did win. But diamond earings? Seriously?
Well, sadly, that is all I have. Now, where is my damn cake!?

Angel quote of the day:
Lilah: So what we're dealing with is a single-minded vengeance machine with a blood lust to match. That's just... awesome.

17 comments:

LL said...

Happy birthday P.

You know what's between an ol' womans loomas (fun bags for you g_s)?


Her belly button... :D

NYPinTA said...

That's my birthday present? A mean gravity joke?? :P
& Still no cake???

Beth said...

Happy birthday! I'd bring a cake over if we were neighbors. Only half of it would be missing. I love cake, I can't help myself.

Great Angel quote, btw! I always look for them first.

mr. schprock said...

Sounds like my kind of vacation! Tomorrow, if you can, get up really early, but take a long nap starting at around 1:00 in the afternoon. Deliciously decadent.

I see you'rte using the word verification thingy. I might give that a whirl.

cali said...

Wasn't that an awesome tennis match? And shouldn't Andre now be officially crowned "Nicest guy in all of Sports". I have the Open on at the moment - its Pierce against Dementieva, but they're spending more time showing Sharapova warming up for the next match.

John said...

Happy birthday! Sorry about what I said on Henry's blog...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LL said...

^ not me... in case you were wondering...

JustTerry said...

you plans sound very much like mine, now if I can only get the rest of the friggin world to go along with them I will be in heaven

NYPinTA said...

You think you can stop me with that word thing?

I can still delete. Putz.

No LL, I didn't think it was you. You'd own up to it if it was. :P And besides.. it wasn't a wrinkle cream spam.

I'm still not old though.

Stellar said...

Happy Birthday!!!

May your weeekend be filled with goodnesses and kindnesses galore!

LL said...

Wrinkle cream? Why would you want more wrinkles? I think you've got plenty as it is... :ewink:

besides... you probably shouldn't have deleted g_s' comment and called him a putz like that, it's not nice. :P

LucyDDCF said...

um i left a happy birthday wish on your other post... oh well... welcome to 33!

Henry said...

Hey!!!!
That was me with the spam post.
ha!!

I was trying to have a little fun.
Geesh---I thought you might know it was me because I didnt actually link to the acne cream-or whatever it was that I was selling.
Beacause I still dont know how...

trinamick said...

Now THAT was funny.

John said...

I knew it wasn't me.

Ben O. said...

Happy Birthday

That was easy - Ben O.