Friday, July 22, 2005

Just a few quick things today.

Quote of the day: “Willard Scott! Now there is a guy that smiles so much I don’t think he has a central nervous system!” ~Lewis Black

Song of the day: “Salisbury Hill” by Peter Gabriel

State of mind: all right.

Date: 7/22/05

1) Today is the first airing of Firefly on the Sci-Fi channel! (At 7:00 EST, check your local listings.) Go! Watch! Enjoy the gun toting goodness that is Mal, Zoe, & Jayne! Woo hoo! And as a bonus, the channel will even be airing them in order. What a concept.

2) NASA will try again next Tuesday. Good luck! Again.

3) The accountant said something very odd today. It was, “Wow, it’s a cucumber that actually tastes like a cucumber.” I don’t know what that means…. Which reminded me of Lewis Black (hence the quote of the day) and his “If it wasn’t for my horse I wouldn’t have spent that year in college” comedy routine. That guy is hilarious.

4) Ever been in a deep dreamless sleep and then wake up with such force, so suddenly that your skin hurts and this thought blares across the blankness that is your sleep heavy mind, “Oh my god! I’m fucking 32 years old!!”
No? Oh. Me either.

Well, that’s all I got.

Angel quote of the day:
The Host: So what we should do is check out the other local karaoke bars. See if we can get a lead on him. That is, if you're not too busy getting lawyers killed and setting girls on fire.

20 comments:

Henry said...

Why you have to jinx NASA like that?

NYPinTA said...

Hey! I did not!

trinamick said...

Crap. I forgot about Firefly and now I'm going to be on the road tonight. Sonofa sonofa. Maybe I'll stop at a house along the road somewhere and ask to borrow their television for an hour.

Henry said...

Like the Rainman?

"They're making FIREFLY HISTORY IN THERE, TRINA."
"You blew it."

NYPinTA said...

Ha!

BTW- You're gonna watch it, right Henry??

Henry said...

Ummmm-No

I am going to a party at the ladies house who I told you was dancing to Steve Wonder all night (when Paul was down).

NYPinTA said...

On purpose?

Spirit Of Owl said...

I woke up this morning in joy thinking, "Oh my God! I've got no responsibilities!" That was nice for a moment.

LL said...

"Ever been in a deep dreamless sleep and then wake up with such force, so suddenly that your skin hurts and this thought blares across the blankness that is your sleep heavy mind, “Oh my god! I’m fucking 32 years old!!” "

erm... not lately... :innocent:

Henry said...

Hey what was the total injured in the explosion?
Ever find out what the heck that was?....The one on your street...?

Stellar said...

[i]“Oh my god! I’m fucking 32 years old!!” "[/i]

[i]erm... not lately... :innocent:[/i]

She said "... years old..." not "...year olds...". Swine.

Anyway I still don't get the horse joke, could someone explain it to me?

Stellar said...

My name is Stellar and I am a HTML tag retard.

Hi Stellar!!!

NYPinTA said...

Are you kidding about the horse joke?
It isn't really a joke. He tells the story of how he actually overheard a girl say it and to this day he has no idea what she meant and overhearing nonsense comments like that are what really cause aneurysms. (Those or having a 'not really a cousin' dating a pedophile.)

Stellar said...

I wasn't kidding. I've been torturing myself this many years over that damned horse joke. I ust thought I wasn't "cool".

LL said...

"She said "... years old..." not "...year olds...". Swine."

damn... I knew something didn't look right.

NYPinTA said...

"I just thought I wasn't "cool"."

Why would you do that? Set yourself up...

Stellar said...

Wow... way to update your blog!

:)

NYPinTA said...

Why do you have to be so cruel?

I updated the other one. Sheesh. Gimmie a break. :P

mr. schprock said...

“Oh my god! I’m fucking 32 years old!!”

Oh boy. What a problem.

NYPinTA said...

There is a ratio at work here. "32 years:amount accomplished". It's not a good number.