Friday, June 17, 2005

Thinking...

Quote of the day: “No human thing is of serious importance.” ~Plato
And: “Always be yourself. Unless you suck.” Joss Whedon

Song of the day: “Happy Phantom” Tori Amos

State of mind: contemplative, (and filled with sinus meds.)

Date: 6/17/05

I’ve been re-reading my blog, because I’m narcissistic like that, and I want to make sure I’m not repeating stories, because I’m also paranoid. I can’t believe that I’m still keeping up with this thing. I’ve kept diaries before but I usually get bored after about a month or so… or is it that I get bored with my life after that amount of time and give up writing about it? I’m not sure which. Anyway, as I was going through my previous posts, I was wondering if anyone else does? Whenever I find a new blog, usually because someone commented on mine or on someone else’s that I read, I will skim through his or her archives, but not always. It still amazes me how many funny, smart, and articulate people there are out in blog-o-world. And most of the posts are like the kind of conversations I used to have with people when I had time to just hang out; conversations that border on the silly or the sublime. Everyone should have those kinds of conversations. Hell, it should be mandatory. Also, my favorite thing is when someone says something that I agree with so completely but never dared say out loud before. First time this happened was a few years back while I was with my ‘happy drunk’ friends at a local hole-in-the-wall bar. (Little tip for you youngsters: want to go to a bar before you are legal age? Skip the “cool” bars and clubs. They’ll never let you in. Go to the old timers bars. They don’t give a crap who they are serving alcohol too.) I don’t know how the subject came up, but a friend of mine and I were talking about death, (yeah, death and beer! Fun!), when I said something I thought was kind of odd. I said, "the biggest thing about dying that bothers me is that after you are dead, you can’t think anymore." I thought she would look at me like I had two heads, but instead she said, “Yeah,” so emphatically that I had to laugh.
I guess the one truth about life that I have firmly figured out is this: Everyone is abnormal. (Lord Loser doubly so. ;P ) Really. We are all a bunch of freaking weirdoes! And that is cool.


Angel quote of the day:
Wesley: Angel. Before we go any further, I just want to assure you, in as much as we will be fighting side-by-side...What that demon said before--
Angel: I know you're not planning to kill me, Wesley. But you're willing to, and that's good.

10 comments:

cali said...

Yesterday was all life being cyclical, today is all death being noncognitive. Think that philosophy test is taking effect. Or maybe its just cos you're reading a book called the Yoga of Time Travel. (Which i'm tempted to buy just because of the great title).

NYPinTA said...

Or it could be the sinus pills I took... :P

Can't judge a book by it's cover. But the title is a different story! LOL.

trinamick said...

I reread some of my posts too, because I'm never sure if I've just thought about writing it or if I've actually written it. Everyone around me has heard the stories numerous times, so it's hard to tell.

As for other people blogging, occasionally I read something and think, Dear God, I've found my twin! It's hard to believe someone can write something that could have come directly from my head. Only now, it's happened so often that I've lost count. What is it called when you have 30 babies at once? Besides a nightmare?

Henry said...

30 Babies--wasnt that a Simpsons episode?
Way to contribute to the delinquincy of minors nypinta!!
:)

NYPinTA said...

"Way to contribute to the delinquincy of minors nypinta!!"

Just trying to do my part.

Spirit Of Owl said...

If blogging goes on warming humanity so alarmingly there will be government warnings. And maybe a war.

LL said...

"Everyone is abnormal. (Lord Loser doubly so. ;P )"

Brutal...

So let me get this straight... Everyone is abnormal. That means that abnormal is the norm. So everyone is normal, and LL is doubly so. Hmmmmm...

I gotta disagree with your theory. While it's true that I'm strikingly handome, overly intelligent, unimaginably clever and witty, and quite modest... I'd hardly call that normal around here. ;P

mr. schprock said...

I think I reread my blogs too much. I just can't get over what a genius I am. All those insights that have never been thought of before.

I know what you mean about not being able to think after you're dead. I always wonder, what happens to consciousness? Is that like your soul? Does it still float around somehwere?

Excellent post, nypinta.

NYPinTA said...

"I gotta disagree with your theory. While it's true that I'm strikingly handome, overly intelligent, unimaginably clever and witty, and quite modest... I'd hardly call that normal around here. ;P"

And you say you only scored 20% on Strong Egoism! Whatever!

Lord Loser said...

Wha?

I'm surprised I scored that high... what with my tendencies and all...