Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Only happy when it rains…

Quote of the day: “I aim to misbehave.” ~Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Song of the day: “Korobushko” Bond (Turns out, I decided to keep this CD. I am a sucker for string instruments.)

State of mind: waiting for a shoe to drop…a paper shoe.

Date: 6/28/05

I like rain. I like the way it sounds. On rainy days I can go outside without sunglasses and can actually see where I am going. If it is raining, it isn’t cold enough to be snowing; yet it can’t be too hot for me to breath. Things tend to slow down on rainy days. Ever feel like staying home and curling up to a good book just because it’s raining? See.
Today it’s raining. Been drizzling all day. So I don’t feel like doing a thing. I went out to lunch today and my decision on what to eat was based on which place was the farthest to get to rather then what I was hungry for. Turns out it was Wendy’s. It wasn’t far enough though because I am back here at work… working. Really. I am!
What I would like to be doing is puddle hopping. My favorite time to do it is when I am standing next to some poor unsuspecting soul (like my sister for instance) that has no idea of their impending…. well, not doom, but impending soak. The fact that I would be getting soaked too doesn’t bother me. It’s not like I’m wearing expensive Italian leather slippers. Payless all the way baby! The shoes I have on right now cost less then 10 bucks. As I was on my way to my car during lunch I noticed a horrible thing. Our parking lot is too flat. No puddles.

An another note: I have to make a purchase of only $3.03 more and I can get free shipping at Amazon.com. What the hell can I get for 3.03??


Angle quote of the day:
Angel: I'm sorry, I nodded off. Did you get to the part where you're evil?

11 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Buy a deck of Skip Bo, a card game that's easy to learn and lots of fun. $7.99 on Amazon.

I like running in the rain, BTW.

cali said...

I always found it strange that two bands, Jesus and Mary Chain and Garbage, would have two completely different songs with the same title - okay the JMC song doesn't have the "only", but still.

NYPinTA said...

Yeah, it's funny when you think of all the songs that are so different that have the same title. Like "One" by both Metallica and Creed. The first is about a guy getting all his bits blown off, the second.. um... isn't.

NYPinTA said...

I went back to amazon.com to check out Skip Bo and ended up getting Monopoly Night Sky Edition for my dumb dumb brother in law.
I am such a sucker.

cali said...

"One", U2 makes three.....

Spirit Of Owl said...

I am delighted when it rains; I get allergy free grass.

mr. schprock said...

You didn't get Skip Bo? nypinta! It would have changed your life! Your life!

LucyDDCF said...

I don't know, I just bought Molly a movie for .53 cents

trinamick said...

I love Skip-Bo. I also love rain. I don't like drizzly, dreary days, but I get so excited when it's a hard downpour like we had last night. I put on the least amount of clothes possible (less to get sopping wet) and I run out and jump in every puddle I find. Then I get in my car and drive fast through every puddle and dip I find. There are some great dirt streets around here, so if I hit the puddles hard enough, I can make the water go over the top of my car and down the back window. Great fun.

mr. schprock said...

I always like that moment when I lose my dread of getting wet and just accept it. Then it's pretty good.

NYPinTA said...

Like my mother says to me: you're not made of sugar! You won't melt.
LOL!