Thursday, June 23, 2005

Linky Goodness

Quote of the day: “The mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.” ~Frank Herbert

Song of the day: “Hard to Handle” Black Crowes

State of mind: tired

Date: 6/23/05

I like being linked… which sounds kinky but it isn’t. At least to me it isn’t. Yesterday while doing my usual round of blog reading, (aka: not working), and I saw my very own blog linked on yet another blog and I admit I got a little warm and fuzzy! Dammit, I glowed.
I’m not sure what goal I had in mind when I started this blog, or even what the goal of it is now… I have a template that I have chosen and being the creature of habit that I am that is all I need. Everyday I have to think of a quote… and sometimes that is the most difficult thing about each post. I try to find one that is apt for the subject, but I’m not always successful. I know a magician never reveals the trick, but I’m gonna spill on where I get most of my quotes. I have a few pages tagged that I use quite often, (surprise, right?), plus I am one of those geeks that own and actually read Bartlett’s Famous Quotations as well as this cool book called The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said . I’ve gotten quite a few from places like T-shirts, bumper stickers, my own memory and one from Jeopardy. There. Secrets reveled.
A few days ago I watched the AFI 100 Greatest Quotes on TV and I gotta say not one is really worthy of even my poor, (but LINKED!), blog so I just may for the next couple of days put up quotes from some of the very same movies but ones I consider to be truly great lines. I mean, “My precious” was the greatest line from Lord of the Rings? Really?? * sigh * I don’t think so. However, feel free to disagree with my choices in the next few days… but do it to yourself. I don’t want to hear it. :P

BTW: I thought this was interesting… Coins!

Hottie of the week:
Ben Browder. This isn’t the best picture of him I could find, but it wasn’t “copywrited” by the site I snagged it off of. The best ones were.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Angel quotes of the day: (Ep 18- the return of Faith, even though she doesn’t get a quote.)
Cordelia: Someone with that much body art is gonna have a different definition of civic duty.
And just because Lilah is so damn cool, a bonus quote:
Lee: Why not?
Lilah: It's your people skills. You don't have any.
Lee: You bitch.
Lilah: See.

BTW- In response to my quote of the day yesterday and SOS's comment that he thought that line may have been T. Pratchett's, I found a few more that sound more to me like Mr. Pratchett. I think we may have to agree to disagree on who said what... but I still think yesterday's line was Neil Gaiman's.

"Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide."
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

"If you take the small view, the universe is just something small and round, like those water-filled balls which produce a miniature snowstorm when you shake them. Although, unless the ineffable plan is a lot more ineffable than it's given credit for, it does not have a large plastic snowman at the bottom."
-- (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

"Sister Mary headed through the night-time hospital with the Adversary, Destroyer of Kings, Angel of the Bottomless Pit, Great Beast that is called Dragon, Prince of This World, Father of Lies, Spawn of Satan and Lord of Darkness safely in her arms. She found a bassinet and laid him down in it. He gurgled. She gave him a tickle."
-- The antichrist is born (Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman, Good Omens)

Whether or not these lines came from Pratchett or Gaiman doesn't matter. They are damn funny.

17 comments:

Stellar said...

I want to link you like an animal. But I have to update my blog first.

NYPinTA said...

Well then, I won't hold my breath waiting. :P

Stellar said...

Link off.

cali said...

You're getting way too warm and fuzzy for my liking - I'm removing your lynx.

I saw some of that AFI show (I have a bumper sticker on my car with AFI on it - not that AFI though ... i digress) - they weren't even quotes, just exclamations; "Stella!".

cali said...

That's "Stella", not the guy who commented before me.

Stellar said...

Thanks for the clarification.

I've updated my blog and links. The apocalypse is nigh.

trinamick said...

I watched part of that show. It was kind of funny, because I watched it at my mom's. She kept saying, "So THAT'S where you get that from!"

NYPinTA said...

LOL. Your mom should really watch more movies.

"Link off."
That hurt.

Cali, I'll be more cranky tomarrow. I promise.

trinamick said...

She lives a sheltered life. It's sad to see someone so firmly grounded in reality.

NYPinTA said...

Wow. I thought those kinds of people were only a myth!

:phil: said...

As you found other's blogs, I have found yours. This is an incredibly funny site. zefrank.com.
It's all great, but the Educational Videos are laugh out loud funny

LucyDDCF said...

I have had you linked from my blog for awhile, um ... "Graceland" is what i named it. Damn woman you make me feel like a red headed step child, Oh wait, i am one... LOL. :P

NYPinTA said...

:P LOL! I know... I've noticed it every time someone was cool enough to link me... I just finally said something.

Spirit Of Owl said...

Oh, the worst bit of living in the UK is that we miss all those great US shows like ER, WWF, World's Wildest Police Videos... Oh wait a minute, no we don't. Hmm.

Anyway, I haven't seen the 100 Greatest Quotes thing yet, but if anyone is lacking more than 15% recognition in such a program, they're a blot on the face of culture in the late the 20th Century. Or, perhaps, busy. With a life.

That, um, "hottie" pic. Oh dear. Frankly it is vital that John shows up soon to put that picture in it's place.

PS Who's this SOS guy? :P
Until he shows up, I'm gonna e-mail Gaiman... ;)

NYPinTA said...

"Who's this SOS guy?"

uh... oops? LOL!

And do NOT pick on Ben Browder!! *shakes fist at SOO* :P

Spirit Of Owl said...

Ben Browder. Don't pick on him.

Ok.

I won't say Browder Browder, stinks of talcum powder.

I won't.

NYPinTA said...

LOL. There are worse things to smell like!