Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Guardian Angels, and earning coolness points.

Quote of the Day: “Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once. Like the Borg, they learn...” ~ Terry Pratchett

Song of the Day: “Californication” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers

State of mind: A little distracted.

Date: 6/29/05

Ponder this: Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Therefore, knowledge is evil.

The Guardian Angels came to my city and that bothers me not one bit. They had tried once before ten years ago and the mayor we had then told them to take a hike. I don’t know why politicians think having the Guardian Angles in their city makes them look bad. They are nothing but a citizen based organization that walks around neighborhoods and keeps their eyes on things. They wanted to go into Troy a few weeks back and that mayor said no too. Idiot. If any city around here needed them, it would be Troy. The funny thing is that if the Guardian Angels really wanted to move in, there is nothing the city could do about it. They don’t actually do anything. It’s a glorified Neighborhood Watch with matching hats and jackets. The cops gave the mayor an earful and he changed his mind. Ha.

My sister called me at work today. For some reason her son, my nephew whose new nickname is Zep, wanted to know what my favorite cartoon was. So I told her. Classic WB cartoons and Samurai Jack. I think he was impressed. It’s a pretty good feeling when at my age you can impress a 9 year old with your choice of animated series.

Angel quote of the day:
Wesley: What connects us to life?
Cordelia: Right now, I'm going with Donuts.

Woman Oracle: I've been dead a while. So far, I don't like it.

19 comments:

cali said...

What about the Simpsons?!
And Inuyasha? And Aqua Teen HF?
And I'm not sure what to think about that song of the day....

trinamick said...

I'd agree with the WB cartoons. Add to that Garfield, Scooby-Doo, Family Guy, South Park, and King of the Hill, and you're exactly right. :)

NYPinTA said...

Amazing how neither of you say, 'cartoons! Pfft. I am an adult and do not waste my time with such trivial nonsense!' :P
BTW- Scooby Doo was cool till they added Scrappy.

mr. schprock said...

I feel the same way you do about the Guardian Angels. They're a good thing. I can't help thinking that if I walked down the street with their uniform on I'd get the crap beaten out of me.

John said...

I don't know who the Guardian Angels are. They sound like a Christian rock group. But if they are having trouble getting into Troy, they should consider building a giant wooden horse. Then they can wheel it to the city limits, climb inside, and...well, I'm not going to tell them how to do their job for them.

mr. schprock said...

You're not going to tell them what to do when the mayor puts a torch to it with all of them trapped inside?

NYPinTA said...

We'd have our very own Burning Man festival!!

John said...

Okay, what they do after they get inside is wait for the curious Trojans to bring the horse inside. Then, dry ice pours out of the horse's nostrils, and a ramp opens out of the chest. Lights start flashing as more dry ice covers the ramp. The drums kick, in and as the ramp touches the pavement the siloutes of Guardian Angel appear amid the smoke. Then a voice says, "Good evening people of Troy! Are you ready to accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior!!"

I was walking home from work one day and heard all this noise over by Part Street station. It was some kind of Christian Rap group, hoping around in bright yellow t-shirts and shouting "the Lord is in the house!" I almost wet myself.

NYPinTA said...

"I almost wet myself."

Admit it though, that last part happens all the time, right?

mr. schprock said...

Who designed your Trojan horse — Vince McMahon?

NYPinTA said...

LOL! That man is a freak!

trinamick said...

You know, John, if they're a Christian rock group, the lead singer could call himself Trojan Man. And he could hand out packages of, err, balloons.

"Amazing how neither of you say, 'cartoons! Pfft. I am an adult and do not waste my time with such trivial nonsense!' :P
BTW- Scooby Doo was cool till they added Scrappy."

I too hated Scrappy. And I can't ridicule anyone for watching cartoons. I stayed up all night in 2000 for the Millooneyum marathon.

NYPinTA said...

That was when 2000 was turning into 2001 right?

Trojan Man! Ha!

LL said...

" It’s a pretty good feeling when at my age you can impress a 9 year old with your choice of animated series. "

Impress a nine year old? Hell, I'm impressed!

Spirit Of Owl said...

Samurai Jack???

Anyway, toons rule TV. Simple fact. And everybody hated Scrappy Doo! They worked that out in time for the movie, and the New Scooby Doo shows don't have Scrappy in. Pu-pu-pu-puppyyyy ptooey.

Go Go Guardian Angels!

mr. schprock said...

"Scooby Doo was cool till they added Scrappy."

Scooby Doo was never cool. He was a rip-off of Astro from "The Jetsons." Close your eyes and listen to the both of them — you can't tell the difference.

"Rat's right, Reorge!"

And then, if Dennis Miller was here, he'd say: "Scooby Doo? Huh! More like 'Scooby Don't.'"

Jim Donahue said...

"Pinky and the Brain" was great till they added that AWFUL little-girl character. Ugh.

Spirit Of Owl said...

mr. schprok - loads of those old Hannah Barbera characters were multi-use. Shaggy was in several, Officer Dibble too. Formats were experimented with, like Scooby Doo was an amalgam of other attempts, and look at The Flintstones and the Jetsons.

I don't want to say, ergo Scooby Doo was cool. Just sayin'. LOL!

NYPinTA said...

I never thought I would see the word "ergo" before "Scooby Doo"! LOL!