Thursday, June 02, 2005

Fire!!

Quote of the Day: “There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.” ~Henry Kissinger

Song of the Day: none

State of mind: kind of like a gerbil on a wheel looking at a big fat piece of something good and just won’t quit running, but the damn wheel is squeaking and driving me nuts.

Date: 6/2/05

We have an arsonist in our neighborhood. Yesterday two houses had their back porches set on fire during the day. One of them, the woman was home when it was done. Needless to say, I am a little freaked out. It isn’t like my place is that grand, but it holds all my stuff… and I happen to like my stuff. I spent years collecting it. And my cats... they can’t work a fire extinguisher, so they won’t be much help.
So, here I sit wondering if my cats are crispy critters or if I will have a place to sleep tonight. Not the best frame of mind to try and get any work done.


Angle quote of the day:
Little Tony: You've been running after me for a long time haven't you sweetheart? If I'd known how bad you had wanted me I, I might have had you catch me a little sooner.
Kate: If I had know how bad you needed exercise I might have let you run a little longer.

9 comments:

trinamick said...

All my stuff could burn and I would be out about 15 bucks. You really need to teach your cats to use the extinguisher. Sure, it's harder for them without opposable thumbs, but with a little practice they'll get the hang of it.

NYPinTA said...

Yeah! They should start earning their keep!

Spirit Of Owl said...

Just train one of the cats to beat the flames out with the other one.

LL said...

Oooo... good point Owl.

Meh, don't worry PinTA. It's not like you've got a lot of books or anything that would lend to an all encompasing fire...

Spirit Of Owl said...

Come to think of it, have you checked your mogs aren't stashing lighter fuel and matches around the house? Do they have alibis?

Henry said...

thats a good point spirit---maybe all those allergies are from Gasoline getting in Kitties eyes!!!!
Better setup a nanny cam to see what they are up to all day

NYPinTA said...

I am soooo glad I have all of you to make me feel so much better. Thanks.

Jim Donahue said...

>>And my cats... they can’t work a fire extinguisher, so they won’t be much help.

That's why you need a monkey.

LucyDDCF said...

Let us know if they really taste like chicken.

Oh and speaking of, how are stanley's eyes? Did you figure out his food alergy yet?