Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Find the Pun and win my admiration!

Quote of the Day: “A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of.” ~Burt Bacharach

Song of the day: “Doughnut Song” by Tori Amos

State of mind: occupied

Date: 6/15/05

I have a song stuck in my head… more specifically a lyric from a song. It’s, “you can never gain weight from a doughnut hole”. It’s a clever lyric really. Or rather, it was the first twenty times it went through my head. I decided to thin the heard on my CD collection, so naturally I started with the A’s. As I went through them and divided them into two categories, (keep, or burn selected songs and then sell), I listened to a few I hadn’t played for a while to judge their worthiness. While doing so I came across the “Doughnut Song” on the Boys For Pele CD, and that is how it got in my head.
I figure I can go through one letter a day. Tonight, I will tackle B. Somehow I ended up with a CD by the band Bond. It’s a group consisting of a string quartet playing classical songs with a modern twist… or something. I’m not sure what motivated my to purchase it or even when I did so, but I’ll find out tonight if it’s anything I want to keep. Kind of sad, no?
Speaking of impulse buys; I bought 4 books off Amazon.com yesterday…and one CD. But that’s all…. I swear!

PS- Batman Begins starts today!!

Angel quote of the day:
Angel: I really don't like it when people shoot me.

6 comments:

trinamick said...

Thinning the heard? Ha!

I've done the same thing. I've started buying CDs off eBay, burning them off, and then selling the originals again. There usually isn't more than two or three songs I like anyway, so I prefer making my own compilations.

Henry said...

that really wasn't even that punny ya know.
My wife was just complaining about how many discs I have--sje wants to buy some nice thing to hold them all--but everything shes seen wont hole-d them all. ;)

NYPinTA said...

Stop braggin!

Spirit Of Owl said...

Wait up! I get doughnuts that are filled with jam. No holes.

Stellar said...

Um... I don't get it.

Oh, I updated my blog. And you're welcome.

NYPinTA said...

um.. yeah, thanks for that.