Friday, May 20, 2005

Is this irony?

Quote of the Day: “Electricity is actually made up of extremely tiny particles called electrons, that you cannot see with the naked eye unless you have been drinking.” ~ Dave Barry

Song of the Day: “Animal” by Pearl Jam

State of mind: exasperated

Date: 5/20/05

My cat has allergies. I didn’t even think that was possible, but of course it is! I once had a dog that was claustrophobic so I don’t know why I am even surprised. The vet gave me the news yesterday so now all we have to do is figure out what it is he is allergic too.
* Sigh *
Is that irony? I can’t tell. Maybe it would be irony if he was one of those cats specially bred for people allergic to cats and turned out to be allergic to people.

Also, tomorrow marks the anniversary of the discovery of cosmic background radiation by Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson back in 1965, which inspired the Big Bang theory. Basically, they discovered the static we all hear in between radio stations, but it’s like Newton “discovering” gravity. It was there all the time, it just took someone like him to say, “Heeeey, wait a minute! I’m not floating off into space! Sweet!” (Or something like that.) ;)

13 comments:

mr. schprock said...

My brother loves cats but he's hopelessly allergic to them. Poor guy.

So do you ask your cat a bunch of questions to find out what he's allergic to?

steve t said...

Yeah I think the specially bred allergic cat thing would be ironic. Otherwise its as ironic as rain on someone's wedding day.

Ironically today also marks the 25th anniversary of the discovery of background elevator muzak.

trinamick said...

My mom is allergic to everything - pets, perfumes, dyes, you name it. I think she might even be allergic to herself.

I'm allergic to work and dumb people, but I'm on Allegra, so I try to suffer through.

NYPinTA said...

My cousin is allergic to her own sweat... or so she says. That way she can get out of doing anything manuel.
"Otherwise its as ironic as rain on someone's wedding day."
Har har.

Stellar said...

Maybe your cat is allergic to cat hair. I suggest shaving your ... cat.

mr. schprock said...

Ha! Ha! Good one, Stellar.

I mean, I don't get it.

LucyDDCF said...

it is the cat food containing shell fish, i'd imagine... switch it from friskies to 9lives... i read somewhere 9 lives has a label for "special needs" felines OH and give kitty a pat on the head for me

NYPinTA said...

"Maybe your cat is allergic to cat hair. I suggest shaving your ... cat."
*rolling eyes* oh boy.

"I mean, I don't get it."
Yeah, right.

"OH and give kitty a pat on the head for me." I'm going to ignore what stellar could say about that too.
I would but Stanley runs away from me now whenever he sees me. Stupid cat. ;)

trinamick said...

Special needs kitty sounds like it needs a wheelchair. Come to think of it, that would be pretty awesome.

NYPinTA said...

Not if I have to build a special ramp for him to get in the house or to the litter box!

Spirit Of Owl said...

Who discovered irony? How did they know they'd discovered it? And how did you find out that the dog was claustrophobic????

I'm very sorry for your cat, so well wishes. Oh, and well done for not mentioning 10,000 spoons at all in your post.

LucyDDCF said...

umm... I felt like "kitty" and "cat" were all references to mr stanley. I retract my pet if you were refering to a part of your body :O

how about a post on the bald dog that lived thru the pain killer OD for mr owl?

LucyDDCF said...

http://www.blogger.com/publish-comment.do?blogID=11383957&postID=111662153573257984&r=ok

directions on how to do the owl