Friday, April 08, 2005

What? Speak up! I can't hear you!

Quote of the Day: “Ignore previous cookie.” Fortune Cookie #2.

Song of the day: none, can’t hear ‘em anyhow.

State of mind: frantic

Date: 4/8/05

Today I woke up and could not hear out of my left ear. There are three possible causes:
1) Allergies
2) My wisdom tooth.
3) Swimmers ear. Which is something that does happen to me about every 5 years, and it is due.

The first time this happened was after a Joan Jett concert. It was one of those free parking lot summer fest jam things the local radio stations do every year. The day after the show, I woke up and couldn’t hear out my right ear. I thought, ‘well, that was the straw that broke the camels back’ I figured that after years of abusing my ears I had finally ruined them and would be doomed to a life time of hearing only SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS, and the occasional high pitched ringing. Not good. After a few days, I finally broke down and went to the doctor who fixed me up, right as rain. Whatever that means. So, when it happened again a few years later, I didn’t freak out quite as much.
Now, it’s just a hassle. And also, a blessing, because without being able to hear that well, I can tune out the co-workers and their repetitive stories and annoying choices in radio stations much easier. And I get to say really loud when they ask a dumb question: WHAT? I COULDN”T HEAR YOU. WHAT? I’M TALKING TOO LOUD? SORRY.
Heh.

PS- Happy partial eclipse day.

2 comments:

LucyDDCF said...

Huh? Huh? What did You say? I can't seem to hear what your typing.

trinamick said...

I feel your pain. I couldn't hear for about three days after Nickelback. When my hearing finally came back, I kinda missed that nice ringing.