Wednesday, April 20, 2005

VOICE MAIL

Quote of the Day: "When you believe in things you don't understand,
then you suffer, superstition ain't the way" - Stevie Wonder

Song of the Day: "Only Happy When It Rains" ~Garbage

State of mind: frustrated

Date: 4/20/05

Voice mail. Everyone hates it, everyone has it.
We got a call from a customer wanting to speak to a specific salesmen. Unfortunately he was on a test drive... away from the dealership... in a car. When this was explained to the customer he got very ruffled and said again, (as if it would make a difference,) "I want to speak to him NOW."
The receptionist was a lot more polite then I would have been as she explained that he was not physically in the building and it would be impossible to speak to him and would he mind leaving a message in the salesman's voice mail. oooo.. Apparently, this guy was one of those assholes that thinks he is too good for voice mail. Got news for ya pal, no one is too good for voice mail. Not you, not Donald Trump, not even the Pope. Benedict the 16th may be infallable, but above voice mail? Nope.
Eventually, the jerk on the phone agreed and she promptly put him through to leave his message. He called back immediatley and started screaming that she had put him to voice mail. She explained, as if he was the two year old he was acting like, that she had told him the salesman was unavailable and that she had to put him through to his voice mail. The guy responded by saying, "Your dealership is losing a lot of money by doing this," and then he hung up. Doing what? WHAT!? Helping customers that actually came to the damn building!!? He called back again and got the office manager so he could complain. She took his complaint under the proper consideration and went to lunch.

In other news, I heard about this 91 year old woman that used a shovel to get a bobcat off her house cat, Smudge. After using the shovel to hold the bobcat down she grabbed it by the tail till it let go of her cat, (that it had by the head.) Her cat ran in the house and down the cellar. The bobcat followed, but she managed to get the cellar door shut before the bobcat could follow. Then, while the bobcat was wandering around her house she called her neighbors. I can only imagine how that conversation went! LOL!
But I guess that just proves one thing, don't screw with an old lady and her cats.

13 comments:

Henry said...

People just hate voice mail. My last job-the owner REFUSED to have voice mail. When he bought a new building the phone system had voice mail-he wanted it shut off. The GM tried to explain that it was impossible. That meeting was hilarious.

trinamick said...

My bosses refuse to have voice mail. People always ask at our office to be forwarded to voice mail, and they act shocked that we don't have it. I tell them we're still figuring out this electricity phenomenon.

NYPinTA said...

It's wierd. If you don't have it, everyone asks for it. But, if you have it, people act like you are asking them if they want the plague when you ask if they want to leave a message.

Henry said...

Trina does that bring back memories-People would ask me for so and sos voice mail and I would say, "You got it-its me"

mr. schprock said...

We don't have voicemail either. When they ask to leave a message, I'll say, "OK," and then there's a pause. I usually sigh and recite for the thousandth time, "I'm sorry, we don't have voicemail, you'll have to leave your message with me."

My grandmother, who was in her eighties at the time, fired a pistol at an intruder. It made a loud noise and scared him away. Later, the sheriff asked her if she had a gun permit. When she said "no," he more or less said "whatever — just be careful" and handed the gun back to her.

cali said...

not quite as impressive as the gnome-throwing lady, but still pretty impressive.

NYPinTA said...

Yeah, but she also has almost 30 years on the gnome throwing woman.
I bet, 30 years ago, she would have tossed that kitty like a gnome. LOL.

LL said...

erm... It's a bobcat... it doesn't have a tail. I wonder exactly what she actually latched onto?

LL said...

erm... It's a bobcat... it doesn't have a tail. I wonder exactly what she actually latched onto?

NYPinTA said...

Don't they have a stub of a tail? Or something... :P

John said...

I'll be honest with you. I didn't read this post. But if I did, I probably would have left some kind of comment, and it would have been thought-prevoking. But instead, I'll just say this: Why the hell is George Bush still the president? I'm really hoping at some point Ashton Kutcher is going to pop out of the bushes and tell us we've all been punk'd. We'd all have a good laugh, and George would be like, "I really had you going there, didn't I? You should have seen the look on your faces when I won again. Man, that was priceless. Well, I've got to go. My shift at Chick-fil-a starts in twenty minutes."

NYPinTA said...

*ahem* it's provoking. ;P But I have no idea why either. Maybe, in a past life, all of us killed lots of puppies and this is just karma. Lots and lots of puppies.

You really think they would let him work at Chick-fil-a?

John said...

Oh that's just my handwriting. Sometimes my "o"s look like "e"s.