Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Pope and PB&J

Quote of the Day: “Either I have been missing something, or nothing has been going on.” Karen Elizabeth Gordon

Song of the Day: none

State of mind: blah

Date: 4/7/05

Nothing of note happened to me since yesterday, which was also a day that nothing happened too.
I was watching on the news the viewing of the Pope. The anchor at NBC actually said the crowds were visible from space.
Duh. If you zoom in close enough with those satellites, anything is visible. The city shows up before the throngs of people do. It isn’t like the satellite had flown over and someone at NASA or the CIA or whoever is watching the pictures said: Hey, I can see Rome now. It wasn’t there before!
CIA operative #2: oh. It must be all the people that are making it now visible from space.
And why the hell is former President and peanut farmer Jimmy Carter not there? IIRC, isn’t he the only president to actually have Pope John Paul III to the White House? Condy Rice shouldn’t be there and he should. Period. :( Poor Jimmy. Got dissed.
Speaking of PJ&P, Smuckers actually wants to patent the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Seriously. And want to know why they think they deserve the patent? Because the put the peanut butter on both slices with the jelly in the middle so it doesn’t soak into the bread. Wow. They came up with that all on their own? I’m impressed.
A judge ruled against them of course, those damn activist judges. The sad thing about this whole situation is this: that people are lazy enough to buy pre-made, pre-packaged PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES. Actually, they should be called peanut butter, jelly, and peanut butter sandwiches, but I think you get my point.
And now I’m hungry.

4 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Anybody thinking of selling smelt and molasses sandwiches will need to speak to my attorney. I own it, baby.

steve t said...

Damn, I need to get to work on my peanut butter and marmite sandwich patent. Yummy!

I'm totally with you on Condy going to the Pope's bash - he (the Pope) was outspoken in his criticism of the Iraq war, Jimmy should be representing the US.

trinamick said...

Potted meat and mustard sandwich is mine through 2037, so back off.

NYPinTA said...

You guys eat some weird sandwiches BTW. My sister used to love fried bologna and mustard ones. Uck.
And I am pretty sure I won't eat anything that is actually called 'smelt'. That's just a bad sign.
LOL.
Does anyone know if the Presley estate took out a patent on the fried Peanut Butter and Banana sandwich? Just curious.