Friday, April 15, 2005

Oooooooooo… You’re in trouble!

Quote of the Day: “Aruururururggu” Joe.

Song of the Day: “Fool In The Rain” ~Led Zeppelin

State of Mind: Glad it’s Friday!!

Date: 4/15/05 Tax Day. :(

My sister got a speeding ticket on her birthday, and I was the one who got to tell my mother. No matter how old you are, that never gets old!
She was doing 43 in a 30 mph zone. Hahahha. Happy Birthday!

I am at work now, and I share an office with three other women. All of them are on the phone at this very moment. One is talking about irregular pap smear results. Lalalalalalalal, I can’t hear you!! The other is arguing with someone about money she owes and giving them bullshit reasons why they don’t have their money yet, and the third is complaining about the weather where she is going to go for vacation next week, (because we all know that weather repeats itself exactly week after week.) Plus, the radio is too loud and playing Kelly Clarkson, so they are all talking even louder then usual. Here’s an idea. TURN THE F**KING RADIO DOWN!
This is a ‘going postal’ moment in the making.
And for reason I don’t want to go into, I thought of another thing I would do if I were ever given the ability to travel in time: find the person who invented pantyhose and strangle them with a pair.

On the up side:
I got two calls yesterday from people right after they saw a trailer for “Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy” on TV. I guess I pestered everyone to death with the books for so long that I was the first person they thought of when they saw it. Ha! So kiddies, mark your calendars. April 29th it opens. * Woo Hoo! *
Also, there was a story on the radio this morning about a 69-year-old woman that threw a garden gnome at a burglar that was on her roof. She hit him in the head and he stayed on her roof in a daze till the cops showed up. She is my new hero.
And if you want to be my hero too, explain to me why gnome starts with a G.

11 comments:

trinamick said...

I didn't tell my mom about my sister's last two speeding tickets. Mainly because sister dearest knows about my two tickets. This arrangement is working fine, no need to change it.

NYPinTA said...

haha!
Sisters. Aren't they grand?!
I'm keeping the knowledge that she started smoking for a special occasion. ;) *rubs hands together with glee*

trinamick said...

I checked out Hitchhiker's from the library. Figured I needed a little refresher course before the big day.

mr. schprock said...

"Gnome" starts with a "G" because that's how you say it: guh-nome. Tsk!

steve t said...

I believe the "nome" genus was originally named based on aliteration with their place of habitat, hence "Garden Gnome". The "Kitchen Knome" became extinct shortly after the invention of the food processor.

Ever notice how close "gnome" is to "genome"? Perhaps they hold more information than we suspected.

How the hell did a 69 year old woman throw a gnome from the garden to the roof anyway?

Henry said...

You are the first person that I thought of as well, when I saw that trailer. I think its all you talked about when I met you.

John said...

The word gnome is derived from the New Latin "gnomus" which itself comes from the Greek "gnosis," meaning knowledge. According to myth, gnomes hoarded secret knowledge just as they hoarded treasure.

I don't know why the greeks added a silent "g," only that they liked to draw huge wangs.

NYPinTA said...

"...only that they liked to draw huge wangs."
I don't want to know why you know that. :P

John said...

"I don't want to know why you know that. :P"

I went to the Museum of Fine Arts. Read I-Am-So-Johns-Girl's signature, she's got a bunch of my quotes in there. I think she's writing a biography pr something.

John said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LucyDDCF said...

ummm... i heard about hitchhikers about a month ago but figured you OF ALL people already knew. Oh and henry... she didnt force you at "spider" point to read the Hitchikers guide to the galaxy radio scripts ... the one she carried every day to school that was ... uth... duct-taped together and I think missing the last page ...grrrrrr