Monday, April 18, 2005

A little Sin on Sunday is a good thing.

Quote of the Day: "If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me." Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Song of the Day: "Hey Jupiter" ~Tori Amos

State of mind: It's monday. Guess.

Date: 4/18/05

This glorious weekend was spent doing a glorious amount of nothing, and then going to a movie... which was glorious. And gory, in a very cartoon sort of way. "Sin City". I really liked this movie. I think the thing I liked about it most was that it was so obvious how they could have ruined it, but didn't. I appreciate that.
And you can't beat the moral of the story! If you are mean to a women, a large ugly man will come and do things to you only tolerable for the human brain to comprehend if displayed in a cartoon fashion. Sweet! The theme of the movie was simple. Loyalty to friends. Loyalty and guns. Ok, loyalty, guns, and Elijah Wood is a much better actor if he doesn't speak. (I'm kidding. He was great in "Deep Impact". ;P )

Little tip for the girls, (or the guys. Hey, I don't judge.) Don't put on nailpolish on your toes and then walk on a shag carpet. It does not end well. Trust me.

Also, on saturday I discoved something odd. My cat Stanley sleep walks. Or he walks with his eyes closed. Either way, it is very weird. He was at the foot of my bed, fast asleep, when he got up and walked the lenght of my bed with his eyes closed, the tipped over on my pillow and was asleep again. Or still. Whatever.
I should have gotten a goldfish.

5 comments:

Henry said...

I will have to trust you that Sin City is good--it just looked silly from the trailer I saw. I'll wait for the 1.99 all day pay per view and check it out.

NYPinTA said...

Well, some parts of it are a bit over the top, but the way they present it, you expect it to be. *shrugs*
There are better 'revenge movies' but I really liked the comic book presentation.

trinamick said...

I'm all about the "pretend it isn't really violent so we can show lots of violence and desensitize you" kinda show. Like the comic book bits in Kill Bill.

mr. schprock said...

You've just sold it to me: I'm seeing it tonight.

cali said...

Yeah, after seeing the trailers I decided Sin City was either going to be really great or really sucky. Can't wait to see it. And talking of QT (Pulp Fiction this time), it even has Bruce playing a sympathetic tough guy, so i'm told.

Must be something to do with the last movie Stanley directed......