Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just me bitchin'

Quote of the Day: “The secret of being boring is to say everything.” ~ Voltaire

Song of the Day: Face-to-Face by Sevendust

State of Mind: cranky

Date: 4/26/05

Tuesdays and I have never gotten along. I swear I am the most organized disorganized person I know. For some reason, despite the fact that my morning routine pretty much consists of just this: get dressed and then drive to work, I am always 20 minutes behind schedule. It’s chronic.
*sigh*
I shouldn’t complain… but tough. I am.
Today is one of those days where you wish you had one of those magic stop watches like on the Twilight Zone so you can stop everyone else and get done what you have too in time to either a) enjoy the day or b) take a long nap or c) get plastered, before noon.

A haiku

I do hate Tuesdays
When followed by a Monday
Oh wait, that’s always.

*heavy sigh* Ok. I’m done being whiny. I’ll take a deep breath, reorganize all my piles of useless crap and all will be right as rain by Friday. Maybe.

Oh, here is a list of things I do when stressed.
1) Sing in the car. Loud.
2) Watch a gratuitously violent movie or TV show.
3) Eat chocolate.
4) Breath
5) Nap
6) Make lists.

BTW, nothing of import happened yesterday but it was the 15th year anniversary of the Hubble Telescope that didn’t work right once they launched it. Yeah, that’s a day NASA wants remembered! LOL!

Oh! I almost forgot. Today the trailer for Serenity comes out! Woo hoo.

8 comments:

Henry said...

Now this---this post is the nypinta I know. Its got all the elements-bitching (of course) pining about chocolate, a haiku, and complaining about a certain day of the week. Which happens to remind me of the Seinfeld episode where they were arguing about what days of the week had a "feel"

Henry said...

oh and I forgot--something to do with space has to be there--and yes, it is!!

trinamick said...

Wow. Your stress list is almost exactly the same as mine. Just change out breathe with drive really fast and it's exact. If I tried to breathe when I'm stressed, I'd probably hyperventilate.

mr. schprock said...

I like to meditate for a while when I feel stressed. I imagine myself on a rubber raft floating on a sparkling, smooth sea, and as I watch my breathe come in and flow out I think these calming thoughts: Why am I not relaxed? Shouldn't I be relaxed now? Am I not breathing right? Am I breathing at all? It's not working! It's not working!

Try that. I think you'll find it very helpful.

NYPinTA said...

LOL. Yeah, it really sounds like it. ;)
I go with a hammock in the shade on a nice summer day... then all the bugs that are flying around start interferring with my relaxation.

LucyDDCF said...

ahh hell, why don't you just pretend it's noon and get plastered anyway? :O did i say that? vodak in a thermous in your lunch... remind you of anything

trinamick said...

What have you done to me? I was determined to remain Serenity spoiler-free. But I am weak - I can't resist the power of a link. Oh well, I needed a Fillian fix anyway.

LL said...

Seems stress also brings out the typo-chondriac in you too... :P