Thursday, April 21, 2005

I'm just a girl

Quote of the Day: "It doesn't make a difference what temperature a room is; it's always room temperature." ~Steven Wright

Song of the Day: “Haunted” by Poe

State of Mind: all right, I guess.

Date: 4/21/05

Things I hate about being a girl:

Shaving, buffing, waxing, tweezing, plucking, trimming, curling, painting, filing, glossing, scrubbing, exfoliating, coloring, moisturizing, conditioning, stockings, under wires, accessorizing, shoe shopping, the fact that someone thought it necessary to produce a product for women that includes the words: micro-derma abrasion in it, make-up, nail polish, skirts, purses, toning, tanning, and having to do most of it everyday.

Things I don’t hate about being a girl:

Less vulnerability to kicking.

I was watching TV last night and a commercial came on for Victoria's Secret new bra called IPEX. Supposedly it is ‘the most technologically advanced bra ever’. Really? Unless that baby has anti gravity machines built in, it’s just fabric and a clasp.
I keep waiting for that ‘smart fabric’ that science keeps promising us. The kind that would monitor your heart rate, or change temperature to keep you comfortable all day. Now THAT is technology at it’s best.

And a new development at work: Holy crap. The accountant just got fired!!

10 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Things I hate about being a guy:

Getting speeding tickets instead of warnings.

That's about it.

trinamick said...

I hate all those same things, NYP. Add to that list: not being able to go shirtless in summer, sitting down to pee, being talked down to by car dealers, getting hit on by cops, etc. (Actually, that last one was for you, Mr. Schprock) ;P

LucyDDCF said...

Oh so that is what is wrong with me, I don't do all that stuff everyday... neener neener neener

cali said...

who said y'all can't go shirtless in summer? (ummm, not including mr. schprock in that question).

Stellar said...

Things I hate about being a guy:

Not a goddamned thing. It's awesome.

Stellar said...

Wait, I just thought of one:

Not having breasts. But I think if I eat at the Chinese buffet every day for a year I can remedy that.

LL said...

Virginia's secret?

Must be quite a secret...

NYPinTA said...

*whistles innocently* I have no idea what you are talking about.

NYPinTA said...

"Not having breasts. But I think if I eat at the Chinese buffet every day for a year I can remedy that."

Well, it's good to have goals.

LL said...

"*whistles innocently* I have no idea what you are talking about."

*shakes head* shameless...