Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Words of wisdom.

Quote of the Day: "I am certain there is too much certainty in the world." ~ Michael Crichton

Song of the Day: The Energy ~Audiovent

Mood: eh

Date: 3/23/05

I have no post today. I just wanted to put up the Michael Crichton quote. :D

Edit: at last, my post.

My mother has a new co-worker. He enjoys his job at the insurance company. Before this job he was a political rebel fighting government forces in the Burhma/Thialand jungle. I'm curious how he worded that on his resume...?
Anyhow, the other day he was telling stories of his, um, let's call them adventures. One day while on the run from the Thailand forces he and a buddy were in a mango grove. His buddy got the brilliant idea to climb a mango tree to get a mango. I can see that. One minute you are dodging bullets, the next you have a craving for fruit. I think this is irony, because his buddy fell out of the tree and died. (And you thought trees hated me! ha.)
At this point in the story my mother interupted and said this: "Didn't that just make you so mad you wanted to walk over to his body and kick it?"
Yep. That is what she said. But what is surprising is what he said: "You understand!"
I guess, when you think about it, it would make me angry to have a friend die in such a useless way after surviving gun battles. A bullet I can understand. But death by mango? Yeah, I guess I would want to kick him too.

9 comments:

Stellar said...

I have no comment.

NYPinTA said...

LOL. Dork. :P

steve t said...

Though I have a beer beside me, I am soooo glad I wasn't drinking it when I read your mother's comment! Would have necessitated a serious spray-clean-up operation on the keyboard.
And his reply!!!
Let the mango through!!

trinamick said...

Kick the body? No. Shoot it? Perhaps.

LL said...

erm... at what point in your life do you reach the decision that you're better off fighting with the guerrillas in the Burmese jungle that what you're doing then?

Ok, then at what point in the Burmese jungle do you say, "Hmmm... I think I'd rather be selling insurance"? Do you think it was the mango episode?

NYPinTA said...

I am not responsible for involuntary beverage discharge. :P

trnamick, I think you and my mother would get along famously!

LucyDDCF said...

That really sounds like something your mom would say. I blaime half of my personality on your mom, you know that don't you? The dry sadistic side that is.

Henry said...

Lucyddcf: I was hoping you didnt mean the sitting-on-the-couch-reading-and-smoking-and-coughing side. ;)

mr. schprock said...

Ah! A Michael Crichton quote! I'll live on it for weeks!

My only response to your story is to ask your permission to marry your mother.