Monday, March 28, 2005

They're trapped at Pont Neuf!!

Quote of the Day: "Only in showbusiness could a guy with a C -minus average be considered an intellectual." Mort Sahl, on himself.

Song of the Day: Cochese by Audioslave

Mood: eh. It's monday...

Date: 3/28/05

As I mentioned before, I picked up a copy of The Bourne Identity while at the grocery store the other day. I am halfway through it and I can't finish it. Don't you just hate that? Right now, Jason Bourne and his companion Marie are eternally trapped at Pont Neuf; no closer to finding out who he is, or who Carlos is. And actualy, I don't much care. The book is boring! The movie ruinded it for me. F**cking Hollywood!
Speaking of tinsel town... I am totally crushing on Matt Damon this week, and this is why: Project Greenlight. It is like watching someone try and control a train wreck. I caught the first two episodes of the new season and in the very first one they have to pick a script. Of the top three, one was a horror flick called "Feast". Another script was a sci-fi comedy called "Does Anybody Here Remember When Hanz Gubenstein Invented Time Travel?". Long title, but it sounded funny. Douglas Adams funny. At least, Ben Afleck liked it, but again, he is the one who said, 'sure, I'll do this film called "Gigli"', so take from that what you will... but the others also seemed to like it, except the Studio Execs,(now, there's a dirty word), at Dimension. They liked "Feast". Why? Not because they thought it was good. But because they thought they could make money from it. *heavy sigh*
That was when they got Matt Damon's Irish up. (He is Irish, right?) Watching him argue with them was awesome. He was annoyed, articulate, and intense. It was hot. People who can aruge like that are yummy, unless they are arguing against me. Then I hate em. I can't argue well. I get flustered and loud, and sad to say, a bit shrill too. I could make Mike Tyson say, 'Chill girl. You freaking out!' I also have this habit of coming up with searing retorts hours after the initial encounter. It's really annoying.
Too bad he lost the argument and "Feast" is the next Project Greenlight movie coming to a theater near you! I certainly hope someone else bought the script to 'Hanz Gubenstein' because when the writer was asked where he came up with the idea, the first words out of his mouth were: 'Well, I was reading A Brief History of Time...

7 comments:

Stellar said...

I like Matt Damon. He was great in Million Dollar Baby.

steve t said...

Good to see a post - i was wondering whether your blog would be "filtered" at wour work after comments on your last piece.
The book's boring even imagining Matt Damon as Jason Bourne?
By the way, I think he's taken, now that Affleck's free, y'know ....

Henry said...

I loved Matt Damon in The Outsiders..."Do it for Johnny, man Do it for Johnny."

Henry said...

Sorry--couldnt resist some Letterman-esque humor. :)

NYPinTA said...

Lets see:
1- he's a girl comment, 1- he's dating Ben Afleck, and 1) he's Matt Dillon.... hmm. Jealous are we? ;) :P

trinamick said...

I like Matt Damon. Except when he's playing a homosexual deranged killer trying to steal the identity of an equally hot man.

NYPinTA said...

Not even in the lime green swim trunks?
Damn, they were ugly! LOL!