Monday, March 21, 2005

Cats and Dogs

Quote of the Day: "I do not want people to be agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them." Jane Austen

CD of the Day: Chevelle~ Vitamin R

Mood: alright

Date: 3/21/05 Spring huh?! My ass! It snowed today.

I don't have anything interesting to say today.
The only thing of note that happened this weekend was running into someone I went to High School with. After having not seen him for about 15 years, the second sentence out of his mouth was about being divorced. I'm not sure an auctioneer on fire could have said it any faster.
It literally was: "Hey! Haven't seen you in a long time. I just moved back down here, but my wife stayed up north... hahahah."
Me: *trying to sound sympathetic* "Oh? That's too bad." Internally I am wondering why he felt compelled to blurt out such a thing so quickly. Is he so sensitive about it and thinks he now has a neon sign above his head that says: DIVORCED. Maybe...
Then he asked if I had kids.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaahah. Um, no.
But for some reason, I heard these words come out of my mouth, "I have cats." Why? Why would I say that? I felt like the next words out of my mouth should have been: 'so I am only 59 short of my quota to fulfill my status as the crazy lady on the hill.' (A status I am really looking forward to BTW. Especially if it means I can squirt those rascally kids with a water hose when they go by my house! Woo hoo!)
By the time my mother was my age she had two kids. Idiot.
My sister has two. A neice and nephew is enough for me. I get to buy them things, watch them grow up, and all with out stretch marks or sleepless nights. Why would I ruin a sweet deal like that?
Nope. Cats is enough.
Well, maybe when I finally get a house I will get a pair of dogs. Greyhounds or Labradors. A boy and a girl. I'd name them GIORDANO and BRUNO in honor of the 16th Century martyr. Anyone with enough guts to refuse to recant a theory the church finds offensive enough to burn you at the stake is as dumb as a pair of mutts. And, it amuses me that it turns out he was right. (At least about the infinite universe thing...) The least I can do is name some dogs after him.
My Cats.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

PS My thoughts on the Shivo case. The gov't should keep their fucking noses out of it. You can't chose your family. You do choose who you marry. She chose him. He makes the decision for her, because she trusted him enough to marry him. If he really didn't give a crap about her, as some claim, then he could have divorced her years ago and let the parents take over. But he didn't. Why would he do that if he didn't believe what he was doing is what she would have wanted?

16 comments:

trinamick said...

Yeah, but he has had kids with another woman, so how much could he really care for her beyond the settlement he gets when she dies? If her family really wants to spend the rest of their lives taking care of her, why won't he let them? I don't think it's the government's business either, though. I've already told my family I don't want to kept around like that if I'm just taking up space. I'm a donor - let someone else worry about my organ upkeep.

trinamick said...

Oh, and your kitties are very cute and they don't make you seem any crazier than ever. Maybe that guy was just letting you know he was available and still able to procreate. Hmm...

NYPinTA said...

Any crazier? LOL. Thanks. :P

LucyDDCF said...

~~She has been kept alive in lifesupport for 15 years against her will, remember she signed a DNR~~ trust ha, both the husband and the family are going against the womans wishes.
NOSEY me... who the f**k did you run into ... LOL...
And I bet your listenin to tool just using the other as a cover so whats his name leaves you alone!

steve t said...

Huh? What's his name?

I was totally trying to avoid hearing anything about the Shiavo case but its becoming impossible to avoid. Both the government and the media are displaying their most disgusting qualities, if thats even possible. Wtf does the gov't thinks its doing by intervening when they have issues of grave national importance to deal with, like steroid use in baseball and school prayer.
Let the poor woman die in peace, instead of positioning for the next election or maximising TV ratings for fucksake.

NYPinTA said...

"I was totally trying to avoid hearing anything about the Shiavo case..."

Sorry. It just sort of popped out, you know?

Talk about my cats. That'll make you feel better. ;)

trinamick said...

Hey, at least she didn't mention Michael Jackson! Oh, oops... :)

steve t said...

Don't worry i was overexposed to it already.
Yeah, cute cats .... ummm, don't really have much more to say about them.

LucyDDCF said...

(in best puss n boots accent from shrek2) I got an electric shaver that I use on the horses and dogs, should you wanna ... we could shave the cats and give NYPINta a reason to ... uth KNIT (snickers... or some motherly instinct) for them... Here kitty kitty ..... don't worry... it won't hurt... kitty....

mr. schprock said...

I had a discussion with one of my daughters last night about the Terri Schiavo case. I said most people, when they lose a loved one, have the body buried or cremated. Then they have to be content with the memories of that person as they go through the necessary grieving process. This woman's family, instead, has the living, breathing corpse of their daughter (and sister) and, rather than grieve properly, delude and indulge themselves by keeping it alive, perhaps taking a perverse solace in seeing the pinkness and warmth of her flesh and watching her body age. I suppose it's hard to blame them, but it's impossible to condone it. They have my pity, but that's all I can offer.

John said...

I want my head to be frozen and later grafted onto the body of a duck. Not just any duck...a robot duck. That'll show them. That'll show them ALL!!!

NYPinTA said...

Yeah, I feel sorry for everyone directly involved too. I don't like the feeling though, that some of the politicians involved aren't involved because they actually want the best for everyone involved.

A robot duck huh? Man do I want to be alive to see that. LOL!

PS Michael Jackson.

NYPinTA said...

crap. How many times did I say 'involved' in that last post.
Sheesh.

Stellar said...

I like cats. They really spaz out when you hurl them through the air. Dogs just sorta rotate. Not very satisfying.

As for Terry Shiavo... something about the government action stuck in my head. I couldn't put my finger on it until today. The US goverment is like Chris Walken in the movie The Prophesy. In that movie, Walken plays the Archangel Gabriel. Gabriel doesn't know how to drive a car so he finds some poor terminally ill soul and the instant he or she is about to taste the sweet relase of a long awaited death, Gabriel stops the process so that they can chaufeur him around. Gabriel prolongs their misery because he doesn't drive.

The US government is trying to prolong Schiavo's misery because they don't know how to empathize and this is as good a way as any to fake it. Politicians need a device to appear human. Shiavo is perfect to them because as long as the tube works they'll always have a photo-op or a postergirl with a stupified grin permantly frozen in place by a cruel act of fate... wrapped and ready for the next "and I approve of this" political ad.

It's all so fucking frustrating. Thank God for cat hurling.

mr. schprock said...

I forgot to say I love the Jane Austen quote. I am a huge Jane Austen fan. I just finished "Pride and Prejudice" for the second time. That quotation is something the father, Mr. Bennett, would say.

NYPinTA said...

*Note to self: never read a comment by stellar if you are chewing gum. You could choke on it and die.*

Jane Austen is one sarcastic chic. I like her. :)