Thursday, March 31, 2005

The Apocalypse is Nigh!!

Quote of the Night: "When you wish upon a star..." Jiminy Cricket, I think.

Song of the Night: The theme song from CSI: "Who Are You?" ~The Who

Mood: stunned

Date: 3/31/05

I can't believe it, but it is true. After twenty years the Legislature of the great state of New York actually... finally... unbelievably... passed the state budget on TIME! Holy Moly on a cracker! Twenty years they haven't been able to do it!
Wow.
Just wow.
I guess it is official. The end of the world is here. Well. It's been nice knowing you all. Take care and don't forget to pack your towell! Thursdays. Figures.

9 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Listen, if Jesus didn't come after the Red Sox won the World Series, he ain't coming.

LucyDDCF said...

red sox won, now ny passed the budget... Hmmmm.... I think its just gracie playin with magic again

NYPinTA said...

If I was playing with magic, the State Legislature would be over in Germany, trying to cross a road. ;)

Henry said...

Once again I have to ask you--is "Stunned" really a mood? Or just an emotion? Just askin'
...
;)

trinamick said...

Hope you didn't promise to cut off any reproductive organs if it was passed on time.

steve t said...

Now, had you posted today, I'd have assumed "April Fools".

NYPinTA said...

I am wondering if the Legislature isn't pulling a fast one on us! "Ooo, Mr. Governor! Announce it on 3/31 and they will all think it's actually TRUE!"
"Genius, Mr. Legislature man. Genius!"

No. No organs were promised. Just my first born. Those suckers!

pulsar said...

Just checking my referal logs over at thespacesite and noticed this blog, very entertaining, keep up the good work NYPinTA :)

NYPinTA said...

Hey there pulsar! The more the merrier.
How'd you get your name to link to the Space Site? I thought you had yourself a blog too, but got routed to there! LOL. Pretty tricky!