Sunday, February 06, 2005

Why I Hate Football

It is 11:43 on Superbowl Sunday night and I was going to do an entry on how much I hate football... the crassness of it, the dumb outfits the players wear, the over dramatization of what a game actually means to this country, that the players make way too much money, and the fact that they actually stop the game so the network can air commercials. That last one in itself baffles me. I hate that at half time the commentators insist on telling everyone everything that we all just watched happen, and all during the game they seem to feel the need to tell everyone what the players are thinking... and really, I bet they have the same track record as Miss Cleo on being correct about what any of those guys are thinking.
I was going to say all that, but after watching my local news do a quarter by quarter recap of the game, I found out I won 125 in the office pool on the game.
Woo Hoo! I love football.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and i garentee you still contribute, in one way or another, to the football machine.

NYPinTA said...

and i garentee you still contribute, in one way or another, to the football machine.

I'm sure you meant guarantee, right?
Putz.