Monday, February 14, 2005

Please excuse our appearance while we renovate for your enjoyment...

Quote of the Day: "The glass is either half full or half... you know... the other thing." Toby~ West Wing

CD of the Day: none. Trying to give my ears a break.

Mood: Neutral

Date: Valentines Day

I was going to do a bit about how ironic I thought it was that there would be so many people stopping on their way home from work to pick up some chocolates and a gooey card for their spouse for a holiday dedicated to a man that defied a ridiculous ban on marriage while at the same time telling a whole other segment of the population that they can't get married.... but I changed my mind.
This is the topic of the day: The ever evolving blog page.
In case anyone noticed, I changed the name of my blog. 'Talking To The Moon' is a thing I used to do as a kid. Don't ask me why. Whenever the moon was full, I would have conversations with it. They were one sided, in case you were doubting my sanity; the moon never actually responded. Hey, some kids have imaginary friends, (like my sister's, 'Edge'), I had the moon.
That is why I changed the photo as well. That is a painting done by Melissa Harris. http://www.melissaharris.com/ I have a print hanging in my room, so I figured I could use it here too. It reminds me of my childhood quirk and of this one very cool night when I was about 9 or 10.
I was still a tiny thing at that age. It was winter, and due to some freak weather we had, (it snowed, then rained, then it froze), there was a good 3 or 4 inches of ice on top of about a foot of snow. To the adults, this meant nothing, but to a slight 9 year old, it was magic! Why? Because I could walk on it. How cool is that? So, one night I stayed out for a good couple of hours roaming around the park across the street from my house walking and sliding around on top of the ice in the moonlight. It was so quiet and there wasn't another soul around. Awesome. Stuff like that only happens once in a lifetime, and you can't take it for granted when it does. Having that print reminds me of that. Plus, it looks really cool.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Yeah. I had an experience that reminds me of yours before. It was so cool. I was at my cottage. It was at dusk. I felt like swimming, but the water was cold. But then, I let myself embrace the coldness and slowly slipped into the water. It was a sensual experience. It felt so good to let my skin accept the coldness so slowly and feel every moment of it. It was great. I know it's not exactly the same thing, but they're both on a more intense level of experience. Those moments are profoundly satisfying.