Friday, February 04, 2005

Eye of the Tiger

Date: Still Feb. 4th

I have a cat. Actually I have two, but Misty (named by my father for the Johnny Mathis song) isn’t really mine. Stanley is; and right now Stanley can only see out one eye. Originally I thought Misty scratched him while they were playing so I waited to get a vet appointment for him because I swear he is agoraphobic. I didn’t think that was possible in a cat, but I truly believe he is. Also, he is peoplephobic. (I know that isn’t a real word. Because A) WordPad is rejecting it and B) I just made it up.)
Whenever the doorbell rings he runs and hides and won’t come back out till whomever it is leaves. Funnily though, he will sit in an open window during the loudest of thunderstorms without flinching. Wierd.
Finally I did take him to the vet, which was traumatic for both of us, and he has an infection that requires drops in both eyes 3 times a day, and he has to wear one of those collars that makes him look like a 3rd grader in their first school production and they got the part of the daisy. "I am a flower. I grow if you water me."
It would be sad if it weren’t so damn funny. He can’t see his feet when he walks so he prances, and occasionally when he tries to run away from me (for the drops) he hits the collar on something as he runs by it and does a 180. Poor kitty. I am not laughing... really.
I am determined to get him better though, because nobody should have to look like a 7 year old in costume.

1 comment:

Elie said...

secretly, I am aussi a flower.