Thursday, January 13, 2005

Parking Lot Bullies

Quote of the Day: We are what we repeatedly do. ~ Aristotle

CD of the Day: I am tempted to say Crash Test Dummies, but no. Today it was Godsmack.

Mood: GRRRRR

1/13/05

Parking Lot Bullies.
They are everywhere. The entitled. The special. The ones who can park their car at the curb to just ‘run in’ to pick up film, make a deposit, drop off movies, or whatever important errand that necessitates them stopping right in the way of every single person trying to navigate the lot and park their car in an actual PARKING SPACE.
What the hell is the matter with these people? Do they not see the very carefully painted yellow curb, which is the internationally recognized sign of ‘the firemen don’t want you parking here... bitch’?
I actually watched in bewilderment and shock as an oversized, over priced SUV with tinted windows parallel parked in between two NO PARKING signs. I guess I didn’t see the small print on the sign that said, ‘Except you, schmuck, in the Chevy’.
* long sigh *
I wouldn’t mind this kind of behavior except that the strip mall that I see it at every day is half empty. The two largest stores closed over a year ago so there is an entire parking lot that is empty, and yet these morons insist on pulling up to the curb as if their time and convenience is so much more important that anyone else. Sorry, but if the most pressing thing you have to do is buy Chinese food or drop off a movie, your time is the least important. Park Your Damn Car!

On an unrelated note, I’m thinking it might be a good idea to order Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames by Thich Nhat Hanh.





.

3 comments:

John said...

that's right. I read blogs, too. I have nothing else to add, since my view is perpetually from the passenger's side.

NYPinTA said...

Hey! I got a comment!

What is funny is when people park on the curb but then leave someone in the car as if that suddenly makes it ok. Ha. Are you that someone sometimes?

Jose said...

You haven't lived until you see John try to park.