Monday, January 24, 2005

Happy National Peanut Butter Day!

Quote of the Day: "Show me what you eat, and I will show you what you are." ~ The Iron Chef quoting someone else whose name I can't recall.

CD of the Day: Winter by Tori Amos

Mood: Surprisingly good, considering it is a monday.

Date: 1/24/05

I was just informed by my mother that today was indeed National Peanut Butter Day. I am not exactly sure what that means. I guess holidays don’t really matter if Macy’s isn’t having a sale on that day.
How does one celebrate this day? Does Mr. Peanut hand out toys? Am I supposed to decorate my house with empty Skippy jars?
Skippy is the best peanut butter IMO though. My favorite thing is to get a Hershey bar with almonds or a Crunch bar and dip it into Skippy. Yummmm!
I tried Reese’s Peanut Butter once. I wasn’t impressed. Guess it just isn’t the same with out the chocolate coating and powdered sugar to give it that Peanut Butter Cup consistency.
If a song is sung for a holiday that is not Christmas is it still a carol?
What kind of greeting card would you send for National Peanut Butter Day?
I also learned that according to a British study, Jan. 24th is the worst day of the year, or it is the saddest; I can’t remember which. Maybe it is because people don’t know about that holiday.
For me, the temperature went from 10 degrees to 24 degrees in just two hours, the snow fell on a weekend so that means I didn’t have to shovel anything, and my good luck charm is finally working. (Actually, no it isn’t. I am just fostering a serious case of denial. Seems to be working so far.) I dare to proclaim National Peanut Butter Day a good day. :D Although, I think the fact that we have a holiday devoted to such a food goes a long way to explain our recent obesity epidemic. Just sayin’…
That also makes me wonder, what day does Jelly get?

A haiku query:

What could be better
then Skippy peanut butter
and some chocolate?

No comments: