Friday, November 12, 2004

T.G.I.F.

Quote of the Day: The most vital time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.

CD of the Day: none

Mood: Swinging

Date: 11/12/04

* sigh *

I don’t really like my job. I push papers. It is kind of a pointless job, but aren’t most?
Paperwork is going to be the downfall of Western Civilization.
There are aspects to what I do that I find appealing however. Unknotting problems for one, the people I work with… sometimes, and my access to the Internet. LOL.
My dream job would be to own a movie theater. Not a franchise of a large chain, but my own theater with 5 maybe 7 screens. I would have old fashion ushers with white gloves that would actually boot people who can’t shut up during a film. (Although I have discovered that if I wear earplugs, the noise other people make doesn’t bother me and because movies are so loud now a days I can still hear the movie.) Every spring I would show “Singin’ in the Rain”, the happiest movie ever. I think I would even have numbered seats like at concerts. Don’t we all hate that moment when you first enter a movie theater and you search for an empty seat? I know I do.
Today, some of the papers that I push got misplaced. It is very frustrating to spend the day looking for paperwork, so you can finish other paperwork, so it can be transferred into yet more paperwork. This is an environmentalist’s worst nightmare. The problem with the paperwork being missing is that it shouldn’t be. There is no reason for it, yet it is gone. No one knows where it went… and when I ask those who should know I get that blank look. The kind of blank look that I am sure is responsible for most office related violence. I promise not to maim anyone with my pen, but the thought has crossed my mind.
I have read that the stress felt by office workers is actually more detrimental to their health then the kind of stress fire fighters or the police feel. I scoffed. What did I know?
Thank god it’s Friday. Tomorrow, I think I’ll go to the movies.






No comments: